Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My neighborhood












This is the neighborhood I grew up in. Yes, I don't come from a rich family, so I don't live in a rich neighborhood. These houses have been there since I was 5 years old. It sustains the development of high rise condominium and big shopping mall nearby. The kids there were preparing to go for fishing. They are my friends' children. The one with the blue door is their house. They were very happy to see me. They have never been in a photograph before so they were very excited when I took their photographs. And when I told them that their faces can be seen by people from all over the world, they got even more excited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, v nice post!

Hopefully someday I might visit...

I don't know why I love Indoensia so, but maybe it's people like those kids and from those areas that make me like it so much, maybe i just have a romantic western view of it, or maybe it's something deeper, I think I am in awe of those people...

For example kids that earn a little extra pocket money by solving rubiks cubes ;)

tekker!! and stay strong missus!!

coffeeliqueur said...

Wha..ha..thanks for the comment. You should visit this neighborhood if you are in Jakarta. It's not too far from the Soekarno-Hatta airport.The people there will be very excited to see you. They'll welcome you like a superstar...;)