Friday, November 03, 2006

What a morning!

This morning I took my son to the hospital to get his Hepatitis A immunisation together with my maid. I strolled him all the way to the hospital.
My son was such a good boy today. He wore his white shirt with collar and his black pants. He also wore his brand new shoes I bought for his 2nd birthday gift. He absolutely loves the shoes. I know he feels good and handsome with his new shoes.
In the hospital he threw smiles to every one and he even posed so that I could take his photograph. What a cute boy!
When the doctor injected him, he cried for 5 seconds then he smiled again to the doctor. He even opened his mouth willingly when doctor wanted to check his throat. Usually, it takes 3 people to hold him and to open his mouth. But today he is such a wonderful boy.
When we went back home, we saw there was a notice board in front of 2 elevators of our apartment saying that both elevators are under maintenance.
Oh no! This can't be true! This is what I'm scared of the most because I live in nearly the highest floor section.
I tried to calm my self down while looking at the big stroller, my son, my maid, my son's bag plus his toys, my umbrella and let out a big sigh.
I told my son to get down from his stroller and asked my maid to fold the stroller. This stroller is still big though it has been folded. It weighs 10kg. I started to collect my son's bag, my umbrella, my son toys, my own bag and my son't water bottle.
I held my son's hand and guided him to go up by the staircase one step at a time. My maid dashed off first with the stroller.
We managed to go up to the 5th floor by staircase very slowly. I can see that my son was tired already. He started to drag his legs and he didn't want me to hold his hands anymore because he wanted to crawl up the staircase. Oh poor my little boy! His palms are all dirty.
When we arrived at 7th floor, my son had no more energy to crawl up. He started to loose his concentration and run out to the apartments on this floor. Maybe he thought we had arrived at our apartment because he wanted to open the gate of one of the apartment there.
I told him we haven't arrived yet. Still a long way to go up. I really pity him. Along the way, we met up with our neighbors who were nice enough to offer their help to carry my son all the way up. But I just turned down the offers. I carried my son with my left hand (my son weighs 14.5kg) and carried other stuffs on my right hand and continued climbing up the staircase. It was really a good exercise for me... :D
Finally, I arrived in front of my apartment door. Oh God! I felt so happy. I sweat so much, more than if I run on the park... ;D
After entering the apartment, my son started to run around the house again and I really had no energy to chase him. I was so thirsty I drank 2 glasses of water. I hope the elevators will be back to normal soon.
If I have to do this twice a day 24/7, sure I'll be thinner in no time... :D


Anonymous said...

hi, it's always nice to face a stretching physical challenge once in a while; it reminds us that physically, and hence also mentally etc., we can do the unthinkable, the impossible.

coffeeliqueur said...

Yes, you r right.Thank you for your nice comment.