Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back from balik kampung

I'm back to my ordinary boring days after spending a week of balik kampung with
my family. It was a great break for me and for the whole family since we could
enjoy 4 days of the big cities 'quiteness' with no traffic jam on the
roads.

Unlike most people who live and work in the big city but grew up
in the kampung, I grew up in a big city but now living in a small city. So, my
balik kampung is actually balik kota (city). This is good because I can avoid
the long traffic jam on the roads everytime I go back to my big city and I can
enjoy the 'quiteness' of the city.

I had a great time spending time with
my small family, my parents, my brother and his family, my cousins, and my
neighbors. Those who celebrated hari raya visited our house to greet each other.
I could see that my parents were very happy and this really made me feel happy
too. Too bad everytime we visit them, it is always a very short visit (less than
a week). I miss them still.

No comments: